Monday, January 24, 2011

Pictures Part 2: Salamanca

Pictures Part 2: Salamanca-
My Home Away From Home

Where Salamanca is in Spain
Map of Salamanca
The view from outside my front door

The Jesuit church across the street from my apartment

The building where my apartment is. I live on the 3rd floor and right underneath is a seafood restaurant. 

The park kiddy-corner from my house...amazingly beautiful

Playground at the park

and more playground equipment

A dad and daughter playing basketball...

Reminds me of me and my daddy :-)

The small children getting picked up from school right by the park

Men playing a ball game...it seems to be similar to marbles but with big heavy silver balls instead. 

These are around every tree in Salamanca

A pharmacy...they are everywhere and all have green signs like this. 

One of many bread shops/bakeries..this one is my favorite

Some of the incredible residential area of Salamanca

Bus map of Salamanca...which I haven't taken yet. 

Health center...I haven't seen any hospitals but lots of these

The sign for my favorite park...The Park of The Alamedilla

1 of the 3 fountains in the little pool in my favorite park

fountain #2

1 of my 2 little ducklings that are growing up while I am in Spain.

and duckling #2

and the 2 of them together...I have named them Tito and Tita

Fountain #2 again

more of my favorite park

and more

Sculpture in my favorite park...I think it's a woman

Traffic on one of the busiest streets in Salamanca

and again...

and traffic on the busiest street in Salamanca...The Gran Via

One of the prettiest window displays I have seen...it is a cooking store and I wish I had money to bring home some pots..but I am holding out of my Gordon Ramsey pots :-)

The theater outside of the Plaza Mayor where I saw a play

Zara..the fashion hub of Europe

The Plaza Mayor in all of its glory

and again...

and again...

and again...

McDonalds...I have heard that it is better here than in the US but I haven't had it yet

and the inside of it

Some Spanish food...none of it is good lol

La Casa de la Conchas: The House of the Seashells
These are little seashells that are carved out of the bricks

Public library..which I have free access to as a student

La Casa de las Conchas again...

The Irish Rover: it says that it's a theater but it is actually a very popular bar for traveling students, like me!

Friar Luis...right by my University

Patio de Escuelas: Patio of Schools...this is where the entrance to my school is

Universidad de Salamanca: Cursos Internacionales
My School!

Entrance to a really exclusive private high school in Salamanca...
which is right outside the entrance to my University

The incredible front of the ancient Universidad de Salamanca:
in the intricate carving is hidden a little frog which is a symbol of Salamanca,
it is said that if you can find it without help, that you will have good luck

Some guys looking for the frog...this is a very normal occurance

Can you find the frog?? It is in this section

Los Reyes Catholicos: The Catholic Kings
Isabella and Ferdinand

The ancient University again

Sign for the ancient University

View of the Cathedral 

Valor: The most AMAZING chocolate shop in Salamanca


The Cathedral: INCREDIBLE!!!

and again...

Carving on the door of the Cathedral...which was absolutely beautiful

Cathedral again

Archbishop of Salamanca

more of the Cathedral

The area of Sanctuary from the police :-)

Me and the Cathedral

Philosophy building

The Cathedral again

Small plaza outside of the Cathedral

Philosophy building again

I'm not sure who this is..but it was an incredible carving out of wood

Some of the prettiest ducks at my favorite park again

They even have Mallard ducks in Spain!

more Mallards

A Spanish parents worst nightmare: Toy Planet! The craziest toy store that I have ever seen

Parodies of my favorite paintings by Velazquez: I just happened to see these in a cafe while I was walking home

The first strawberries that I found in Spain! They were all gone by the time that I returned home for money!

The men still playing the ball game 3 hours later in the park

The kiddy-corner park at night

2 little girls playing in the park: I don't think their moms liked me taking the picture :-)

Jungle gym!

basketball court...it reminds me of home :-)

Spanish Red Cross of Salamanca

Newspaper stand..I had never seen one until I got to Spain

Traffic on the street outside my house :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment